At-Home Beauty Tips
While we are all home, practicing social distancing, we want to share some invaluable beauty tips for hair removal and skincare that you can practice until being able to revisit spas or salons.
We understand as we are facing it too! It’s the perfect time to finish up laser hair removal treatments to avoid regrowth and be prepared for warmer weather…however we cannot due to the recent pandemic and Covid-19 lockdowns.
We feel your beauty pain.
However, we want to share with you some tips on hair removal regrowth and also some healthy skincare tips you can practice at home. We promise we will take care of you as soon as we can open the doors again! In the meantime…
In the Absence of Laser Hair Removal Treatments
This is a bit tricky since the success of laser hair removal definitely depends on consistently going to all of your appointments, not prolonging the time in between. The reason being that we are working on reversing the hair re-growth process, damaging the hair follicle, and stopping it in the “anagen” phase.
However, due to absolutely not being able to go in for treatments, we can try our best to not hinder the success you have been making.
- Do not attempt to do it at home with a home laser device. The equipment we use in a salon is done by a trained technician, and the laser is certified by specific standards, as such it’s conducted safely. Furthermore, not all lasers are created equally. There are many sold at-home or even used in some salon that are not of the highest standards. Therefore, we suggest not taking the risk with any other equipment or attempting to do it yourself. Leave it always to TRAINED professionals.
- Shave. DO NOT wax or pluck. Shaving removes the hair from the top and doesn’t penetrate deeper. By waxing or plucking, you are removing the follicle and this then hinders the process. Your unwanted hair needs to fall out on its own in order to see the best results. So it’s ok to remove it from the top, do not remove the whole hair.
- Exfoliate your skin. Shedding starts at about one and a half weeks and can last until three and a half weeks post-treatment. Exfoliating and/or scrubbing gently in the shower with a loofa can help speed up the process. So even though your treatment time has lapsed, continue exfoliating to help remove loose hairs and prevent ingrown hairs.
Healthy At-Home Skincare Tips
Healthy skin can be achieved at home, in fact, we want you to maintain a skincare routine. This is always a good thing. While coming in for facials and deep cleans is also necessary, we want to ensure you have tips to maintain skin health the best you can. Read our tips on maximizing your skincare results here.
Also, since many of us are not as busy at home, it’s a good way to fill in some time daily, by doing a little extra skincare.
Do the following at home:
- Clean your skin with cleanser only at night time.
- Exfoliate your skin at least 2-3 times a week at night to remove dead skin. This allows your skin products to penetrate deeper instead of sitting on the top layer of your skin.
- Do a masque twice a week to maintain your skin’s hydration needs.
- Use eye cream day and night.
- Use moisturizer day (SPF for daytime) and night.
For recommendations on skin care products for any of the above steps, please visit our products page.
We hope that helps!
Until we see you again, stay home, stay safe and stay healthy!