10 Tips to Get Your Self-Care On Track
We all know that self-care is important and heard it a lot. Let’s chat a bit about how to make it easy to incorporate.
Self-care, it’s almost something that feels like another “to-do” to those that are busy or drained from the pandemic.
Having said that, it can be that thing to make you feel your best, even if you are feeling down. Taking some time to do easy and achievable self-care is vital for overall health.
So…we are sharing 10 tips to make it personalized and work for you. Self-care ranges from everything from skin health, mental health, reading, movement and even nourishment. So in our list we are covering a bit of each.
10 Ways To Get Your Self-Care on Track
- Establish a skin care routine that works for you. If you only have a few minutes, choose a few products (a cleanser, toner and moisturizer) and start there. Start with that and as you want to add more treatments in, contact us and we can help guide you.
- Hydrate. This is something we can all do a bit more of. Make a conscious effort to drink more water…this is good for overall health and, yes, also your skin. If you don’t love drinking water, try some flavour or drink herbal teas to mix it up.
- Take some time every day to do a mental check-in. Even if you have just a few minutes, whether driving or walking or in the shower…ask yourself how you are feeling and what you need to give you a boost today.
- Nourish. Try your best to avoid processed foods and sugars, not only will they make you feel more sluggish, but we all tend to know what foods we should limit and if you can try to limit them…it will get easier to avoid them in the future.
- Move. Movement doesn’t have to be a daunting exercise routine. If you like to walk…walk. If you like to dance, do a mini dance party even if you are alone. Movement can increase endorphins which overall impacts mood.
- Remember to sleep. No matter what, don’t miss out on sleep…it will help you in all areas of health.
- When you wake up set a goal to try to do any of the above items. Don’t overwhelm yourself…but choose what you can do and try to stick to it.
- Call a friend or family member or co-worker. Talking to someone socially helps to increase positive feelings, yes that also counts as self-care.
- Try something new. If you are good at doing all of the above, get adventurous. Try a new skincare product, or health food, or a new exercise routine that gives you a new challenge or some variety.
- What do you love to do for fun? Read, watch a show, watch a movie, or even play a sport? No matter what it is, don’t stop doing it. Even if you are doing it with less people or just at home, there is always a way to enjoy something that makes you happy.
We hope that helps!!
We encourage you to keep on top of your skincare routine, regardless of lockdowns or feeling confined…one things you can keep doing is to take care of your skin health. That definitely counts as self-care.
Magic Laser and Aesthetics is providing an opportunity to order Eminence products with free shipping. Click here to get your products!